Picture Day will be Tuesday, August 25th.
Just a reminder: The Christmas Program is on Friday, December 12th at 6:00 p.m. Family Fun Night is at 5:00 and pictures with Santa will begin at 5:00 p.m. Hope to see you all there!
The Christmas Program will be on Friday, December 12th at 6:00 p.m. Family Fun Night will be right before the Christmas Program at 5:00 p.m.
This week’s Spelling List (week of December 8-12):
We will be taking the Unit 2 Test during the week of December 8-12. This test will cover what we have learned over the past 5 weeks in our Wonders Reading Curriculum.
We will be focusing again on the important skills covered during the last five weeks. Here are some activities you can do with your child to help reinforce the skills we’ll be reviewing and extending.
- Read a short fiction book together.
- Write a few simple sentences together to retell the story, or have your child dictate ideas for you to write. Have your child add some drawings to help retell the story.
- Ask your child to present the retelling to family members.
Before your child presents the retelling, discuss this checklist.
√ Look over your retelling. Does it clearly tell what happens in the story?
√ Speak clearly and loud enough.
√ Ask your audience if they have any questions.
Showing interest in your child’s reading, writing, and speaking will help his or her progress during the year.
This week’s spelling list has the ch, sh, tch, and ph digraphs:
Please remember to study with your child Thursday nights!
Our Christmas party will be on Thursday, December 18th at 2:15. Karen Cantrell will contact you about items to bring for our party. Please remember, the 19th is a half-day for us. Merry Christmas!
Letters to Santa will be published in the Headliner beginning on December 17th. Please be on the lookout for our letters–they are adorable!
This week our class will be focusing on how people can help out in their community. People can participate in their community for the common good.
Here are some activities that you can do with your child to help reinforce the skills we’ll be practicing.
- Words to Know Help your child use the words to complete sentences you make up.
- Spelling/Phonics: consonant digraphs Help your child spell the words by arranging the letters correctly. This week’s phonic sounds are the consonant digraphs th, sh, -ng, as in this, ship, and song.
Comprehension: character, setting, events
There will be no school on Friday, November 14 or Monday, November 17th! Have a happy weekend!